Thursday, July 17, 2014

Intern Spotlight - Shensen G.

My name is Shensen, and I attend Kennesaw State University as a business management major. My internship here at Mattress Firm has marked one of the defining moments in my life. As I stepped into the corporate world, I became more mature as a person and learned to create strong bond with the guests and colleagues, in order to make myself a helpful salesperson to the guests and an asset to our company.
 
We have some of the best salespeople on the planet here at Mattress Firm. We can effectively guide our guests all the way through the process! As a result, every salesperson in our company touches on the key points while maintaining his or her selling style.

Also, through my experience in competitive shopping and S.W.O.T. analysis on Mattress Firm and our competitors, I learned of each company's strengths and weaknesses. It is crucial for us to adopt their strong points to reinforce our existing strengths, meanwhile taking advantage of their weaknesses to utilize them as an opportunity for us to grow as a company. Just like ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu said: "Knowing thyself and thy enemy, one need not fear the results of a hundred battles."

Furthermore, I'm impressed by our vendors’ presentations and have concentrated on learning the specs about each our products. On the top of that, I've witnessed our salespeople effectively selling these products and improving our guests' sleep experience. From Protect-A-Bed to Tempur-Pedic, I continue to familiarize myself with our products!

For students and job seekers looking into the sales, retail or bedding industry, let me tell you this: selling is one of the most valuable skills you can carry on throughout your life time. Mattress Firm teaches you how to build deep, emotional connections with your guests and overcome possible objections. On the top of that, selling is not just about how much money you can make, but will benefit you in every other aspect of life, such as reading, fitness and self-development. For example, there is a 10-page essay that you have no interested in starting, as it is our human tendency to procrastinate and wait until the last minute to begin. With a selling mindset, however, it will force you to do the right thing at the right time, simply because your indecision, hesitation, or slow reaction will cause you to “lose a sale”. As a result, it pushes you to persist to the finish line instead of succumbing to the easy way out, and ultimately you start to develop that mental muscle and become a “closer” for life. Once again, if you are interested in retail or the bedding industry, and would like to uncover more about advanced selling techniques and rapport building with your guests, Mattress Firm is the place to start (email
intern@mattressfirm.com today!).

Overall, I have deep faith in the Mattress Firm company to continue being the national buying power and offering best-in-class service in the industry; meanwhile, I will give the best of my ability to excel at this internship, and help this great organization in acquiring and maintaining guests for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment