A job application form is the screening tool many employers use to decide who they will interview. How you fill out the form can influence whether or not you eventually get hired, or at the least, even be considered for an interview. When starting the process make certain of these following tips:
Resume should only be one page long
· Use a template online, if you’re unable to format it yourself
Always remember to reduce clutter
· Note: Most recruiters spend less than 1 minute viewing your resume, you want it to be bold and concise.
Remember to always use proper Capitalization
· First and Last Name (Your Name or any References/Supervisors)
· Past Employers
Spelling and Grammar
· Always use spell check, in fact make spell check your best friend
· Have a 2nd or 3rd pair of eyes look over your Resume and/or Application before submitting.
Always put your best foot forward, by screening your material and making sure you are in fact dotting your I’s and crossing your T’s!
Interested in filling out an application with Mattress Firm? Feel free to contact me at email@example.com