Thursday, October 1, 2015

Color my World

I’m a new homeowner with decorating on my mind. I have grown a complete obsession with HGTV. I watch several of the shows, have a subscription to the magazine and found one thing in common…everyone’s overall goal is to decorate their home with things that make them happy. One challenge someone might face is picking a paint color as there is what seems to be over a billion colors to choose from.

The same can go for your work space. It should be a reflection of things that inspire, motivate and make you happy. I really enjoyed the article below from The Muse that discusses how colors in the office can have a direct relation to workers mood and productivity. Below is a brief breakdown of color ideas for your office space:

Blue – stable and calming color that helps workers focus on the task at hand
Green – good color for people who work long hours
Yellow – optimistic color and can help stimulate activity
Red – increase the heart rate, blood flow and also invokes emotion and passion

Keep these in mind for your new work space or if you’re simply looking to refresh.  Happy decorating!


https://www.themuse.com/advice/the-color-of-your-office-affects-your-productivity-even-if-you-dont-realize-it

Want to share some images of your office? Email me at erin.lindquist@mfrm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment