It’s no secret that companies usually contact former employees for an Exit Interview. Let’s face it…they can be uneasy and uncomfortable. However, they are an important practice used by most companies to better themselves as an organization.
Below are some tips for a successful (and hopefully less awkward) exit interview:
• Be calm and professional…control your emotions.
• Be honest. Feel free to share the true reason(s) you are leaving the organization, maybe it’s something that can easily be fixed.
• Give advice. Companies love to hear raw feedback on how they can better the organization.
• Back to basics…remember the compliment sandwich? Provide something positive that you did enjoy about the company, then something constructive followed by another positive.
• Don’t burn any bridges; you may want to rejoin the company at a later time.